O que está em sua mente?
Helwani Nose is a reader-supported publication. To receive new posts and support my work, consider becoming a free or paid subscriber.
You know the drill by now.
Hit me with your best questions below. Everything and anything goes. Questions only available to paid subscribers. Sorry, them’s the rules.
And try to keep them short and sweet, if possible. That increases your chances of having the question answered.
Also, we are trying something new this week: my mate Louis Gilmour has volunteered to select the best 21 or so questions. Deadline to get them in is once the show starts. Good luck, and make ‘em count!
See you at 1 pm et / 10 am pt / 6 pm gmt on the MMAFighting YouTube channel!
Greetings once again from London, Ontario, Canada. I have a bit of a dilemma that I was hoping you might be able to help with. For many years, I have been going to the same coffee shop and almost always order the same beverage (tea, one milk and one sugar). I am such a regular customer that the barista now makes my tea as soon as she sees me walk through the door. My dilemma is that about 5% of the time, I would like to have a beverage other than tea (for example, I occasionally enjoy hot chocolate). However, because the barista has already made my tea by the time I arrive at the counter, I can’t bring myself to tell her that I would prefer to drink something else. In this instance, I simply take my already-made tea and tell the barista I would like a second beverage “for a friend”, which I will then pay for and drink myself. Although I am paying for two beverages instead of one about 5% of the time, I believe this cost is worth it because it avoids a potentially awkward conversation with the barista, which could jeopardize the exceptionally fast service I receive the other 95% of the time. Would you approach this situation any differently? As always, appreciate your valuable insights.
Bonjour Lord Ariel,
On June 18th the UFC will be headed to Austin, Texas for Calvin Kattar vs Josh Emmett, and I must compel you to attend. You have said you are not actually banned from UFC events, so this would be the perfect one to test the waters. Not only will Kattar/Emmett likely be fight of the year, but you could make it a trip to Texas with the whole family, and maybe even drop into the JRE MMA Show finally while you're in town.
In my opinion it's a tragedy that the #1 journalist in combat sports has never been invited onto the JRE show. I feel this would be a great opportunity to finally squash you and Joe's past beef face to face, and it would be a tremendous platform to discuss things you stand for like fighter pay, open scoring, HOF etc. Get DC or a mutual friend to hook it up. The fans and fighters would appreciate this long overdue union. This is what the sport needs right now. Pack your bags you're going to Texas.
Long Live The Man of Steelwani.